jeudi 29 septembre 2016

These stories makes me appreciate Reaper even more.

Today i spoke a colleague at work. (Radio 2, Netherlands, radio imaging).
He looked tired.
I asked why ?
I told me he was on Avid helpdek phone all night.
What gives ?

He uses Protools (aka Notools)
He had automatic update turned on.
So his Protools automatically updated from version 12.5 to 12.6, yesterday.
He thought: nice, a new version of Protools, i am happy.
But in the end, he was not, at all.
Seemed that Protools 12.6 needed a new Ilok authorisation, which he, ofcourse (duh!) , didn't have and didn't receive at that moment from Avid.

So he was stuck with a non working Protools, while he had serious work to do in it.
So he called Avid helpdesk and took them half a night to bring back Protools to a working version 12.5 again.
Nightmare, all over the place.

I said to myself:
How incredibly lucky i am to use a DAW that just keeps working with every update, doesn't need a usb dongle to run, doesn't need a new license after an update, just keeps doing it's thing, so reliable, so steady.

Today my colleague seemed irritated later again.
I asked him: why ?
He told me he was working in a protools session that used a video file and therefore, the session
become incredibly slow and laggy, only cause of that video file.
I asked him: when are you going to step over to Reaper ?!!
He laughed abit, his expression told me that he exactly knew what i ment with that.
Cause he had seen me doing things in Reaper which had lit his eyebrows already, bigtime.

Cockos versus Avid: 10-0, but ofcourse, we all knew that already.

Cal this post a diss against Avid, call it spam, call it what you want.
My only intention is to show appreciation to Cockos and it's awesome Reaper.(again haha).
For the sake of all, it could also have been a post about Cubase and it's irritating flaws, who knows.

You can trust Cockos.
You can trust Reaper.
And trust is an important aspect of Life i think.

I am a very happy Reaper user, it extends my Life in a happy way.
I guess it does for you 2.

Amen.


These stories makes me appreciate Reaper even more.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire