vendredi 30 septembre 2016

Problem with subprojects

Hi,

I hope I can explain this problem clearly.

I am making an explosion sound from a firework. I have a 30 minute file with various fireworks on it. I found the firework I wanted, created item splits either side and moved it to its own sub-project. I then added effects to that item in the subproject rendering the file into the master project.

I then took that effected item, the one generated by the sub-project render, layered and pitch shifted it.

I then ran out of disk space so converted all my files from wav to flac. On trying to load the master project, it beeped at me, complaining of missing files so I pointed it at the right file again.

In my master project, the explosion still works as advertised, it hasn't complained that the sub-project has changed and would I like to rerender or anything. However, for some reason I can't fathom, the sub-project RPP has lost focus. That is to say, when I load it, the source firework isn't what plays, it's just background traffic noise between fireworks, all this despite the fact that, in the item properties dialogue, the start in source time is the same as where the original explosion comes from. The file's the same, I've even converted that particular file back to wav etc, the start in source time is the same, but the resulting sound is different.

If I try to save a new version of the project elsewhere, moving its associated media or copying media not in the old project path, the explosion breaks because the sub-project rerenders.

I hope I've explained this clearly and would greatly appreciate any insight.

Thanks,

Justin


Problem with subprojects

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire