vendredi 30 septembre 2016

Bug with GregJazz Cinematic Verb

Hi guys. I know this is a very old and unsupported 32-bit plugin for Windows, but I just thought I'd share the fact that it caused me trouble.

I had one instance of it in a project (bridged in Reaper x64), and occasionally when I hit stop or play, Reaper would freeze for a few seconds (playhead would be yellow but frozen if I had hit play), then the screen would flash black and Reaper would resume playing (if I'd hit play), but there would be no sound. If I switched ASIO drivers I would get an error initializing the driver. On one occasion there was no sound just on the track with Cinematic Verb (the track also had Serum and MIDI on it), but the rest of the tracks played. The freeze happened every couple of minutes, and most of them didn't show up in Event Viewer, but I did find one:

Faulting application name: reaper_host32.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x57dfee12
Faulting module name: CK_DELAY_PUB.SEP, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00003425
Faulting process ID: 0xcc4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d21a406c711448
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)\Plugins\reaper_host32.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins\CinematicReverb\Cinematic Reverb\CK_DELAY_PUB.SEP
Report ID: 4c7d85ef-8634-11e6-bf1a-94de805cbe59

After seeing this I replaced the plugin and haven't had another freeze with this project. I know I could have run it in "buggy plugin compatibility mode" or even made an impulse response if I cared that much, but I didn't. Just thought I'd share the event log I found in case it means something to someone.


Bug with GregJazz Cinematic Verb

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire