mercredi 28 septembre 2016

Simple synth in reaper and latency

Hello--this is my first post here, and after searching through the forums for some information about latency, I haven't exactly figured out the best answer for my problem.

I used to use garageband a lot a few years ago to just record super basic synth on my computer using the computer keyboard--I don't even have a USB midi controller (yet)--and I recently decided to get back into this as a hobby. I downloaded the trial of reaper and have been slowly figuring it out. Mainly I've been using the "insert virtual instrument on new track" and using VSTi: ReaSynth.

The problem I've been having is that, when I try to record some basic stuff along with the click track, there is a bit of latency with the input, but then when I play the track back, everything is actually coming in early (like it's recording when I actually hit the key, and that's what I hear during playback, but during the recording, it's not coming in right away). I didn't ever have this problem on garageband, which I suspect is because that program was streamlined for ease of use.

I tried to adjust some of the buffer settings (seen a lot of "64" suggestions around here, but I'm still not sure I'm changing the right setting to 64). I'd greatly appreciate any help, and I apologize for being exceptionally new to most of this stuff.

I'm using reaper v5.24/x64.

My PC is an i5 3.1GHz with 8 GB RAM. I don't know that processing is the issue, though.

thanks!


Simple synth in reaper and latency

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire