vendredi 30 septembre 2016

Help me understand PDC related to buffer size

So... i have set my buffer to 128 samples.
I insert a plugin that reports 4 samples of PDC.
Reaper reports 128 samples of PDC on that track.
I insert another instance of that plugin. That means 8ms in total.
Reaper reports 256 samples of PDC.

SO how come? I should only have 4 samples of latency on the first instance, but OK, i guess the engine can only work in multiples of the soundcard buffer, and it starts a 128 sample chunk.
Now what i don't get, is if i add another 4ms, it begins a totally new chunk and i get 256 PDC.
That's insane for only 8ms!!!

This way i get insane latencies all the time if i stack just a few plugins together with minimal latencies.

Is this the only way this can work? Are other DAWS handle this better?

THanks


Help me understand PDC related to buffer size

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire