samedi 27 août 2016

Syncing Reaper

I have a Tascam 246, and I'm trying to sync Reaper to it so I can have it play some MIDI tracks along with the tape. I'm using a JL Cooper PPS-1 sync box.

I've striped track 4 (side A of a whole 60 minute tape) on the 246 with SMPTE and have the tape out of track 4 plugged into the "From Tape" input on the JLC. I have the JLC set to output MTC, and I have a MIDI cable running from the JLC's MIDI out to my interface's MIDI in.

I have Reaper set to external sync (by right clicking on the Play button and setting the options).

The good news is that Reaper is chasing the tape. But there are two annoying things:

1) When I start the tape on the 246 from the beginning, Reaper starts chasing at around 35 minutes.

2) I'm occasionally getting a popping or clicking sound from Reaper while it's chasing.

I'm wondering if #2 has to do with the time code maybe not being loud enough. I striped it at -10dB on the tape at the recommendation of the JLC manual, but maybe it needs to be a little louder.

With #1, it's not a deal breaker, because obviously I can just start recording my MIDI instruments 35 minutes in. It's just annoying. Does anyone know how I can adjust this so that Reaper sees the beginning of the time code on the tape as 0:00:00, or at least close to it?

Thanks for any help on this.


Syncing Reaper

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire