lundi 29 août 2016

dp Meter II Shows Reaper Calibrates It's RMS Too Low?

I tried the test in this video using the Pink Noise file he gives the link for in Reaper using dp Meter II as my Loudness meter:

https://youtu.be/31zHqzjRn4c

Here's a screen shot (image on the Left, RMS) of what I got:

At 3:15 he says:

"The correct reading ... is -11.5 ...some meters will come out reading that as -14.5"

I have included screenshots of my results. Here's what I really want to know, forget which method of calculation is right or wrong: I noticed that the reading under RMS Average [AVG] is roughly 3dbs lower than the reading in the RMS Summed mode [SUM] - a difference not too far off from what Ian was talking about.

So should I be reading the meter in Averaged mode or Summed mode, and does it matter?

As nitpicky as this may seem, I appreciate the enlightenment on the subject, thanks.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg RMSAVG.jpg (59.9 KB)


dp Meter II Shows Reaper Calibrates It's RMS Too Low?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire