mardi 30 août 2016

Layering MIDI events on single track

I looked in the manual but couldn't really find an answer to this. If it's there, I missed it.

Let's say I have EZ Drummer on a track, and I'm using the Latin Percussion setup. It has pre-made some 2- or 4-bar (or more) MIDI patterns for different instruments that you can just drag and drop into your project. So there are conga patterns to choose from, bongo, shaker, etc.

So let's say I pull a conga pattern into my project. And then let's say I want to add a shaker pattern as well on top of the conga pattern.

As it is now, If I pull that shaker pattern on top of the conga pattern, then it will only play the shaker pattern. My work around has been to place the shaker pattern on a lower track, open up the MIDI window, copy all the notes, and then go into the conga MIDI window and paste them there.

That works fine, but surely there's an easier way to do this, right?

Is there some setting I can select so that, when I drag a new MIDI event on top of another, it automatically merges them into one event?

Or is there at least some way I can merge the two when one is on top of other without having to do what I'm doing now?

Thanks for any advice!


Layering MIDI events on single track

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire