mardi 30 août 2016

Phase on plugins and busses. AARRRRGGHH!!

Issue #1:
Certain plugins, primarily waves (YES, I KNOW they don't support Reaper yet) but some others as well, create a phase issue when I send other tracks to them, for example a drums bus for sidechain compression. To date, all I've found in the forums is tedious workarounds- i.e. mix the track normally, then mix the bus, measure the sample difference and move the sidechain's audio. This is HUGELY inconvenient, tho, if I plan on adjusting ANYTHING on the sidechain track, like I decide I've got too much reverb, or I think the kick is picking up too much, etc. or I want different EQ or comp settings- I have to Re-render the sidechain track, listen, and if I don't like, adjust and re-render again. Anyone have any idea about how to make this workable? Link to a post I missed?

Issue #2:
To further solidify my now boycott of Waves until they support Reaper, when I'm working on a big project with lots of effects, I'll start to lose the GUI of Waves plugins. I'll put a plugin instance on a track, and nothing pops up, click on it, nothing. I can pull up the generic sliders via Reaper's UI button, but some Waves plugs are hard to use without the actual GUI. Again, any suggestions or workarounds would be greatly appreciated.


Phase on plugins and busses. AARRRRGGHH!!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire