mardi 30 août 2016

Mics Simmer EQ Freq

So I've been looking into buying a mic for ages...

People tell me I need a condenser for recording (vocals), and that condensers will give me "air" and "shimmer".

Apparently being more sensitive, and therefor picking up the higher frequencies is what does this.

So in that case, a Senn 441, or RE20 would also shimmer, since they capture those frequencies.

But then, I just did a test, and can't even hear 16kHz, so I (and most adults) aren't going to notice anything the mic captures above 15k, which is where the dynamics are mostly dropping the ball.

Every time I go/write to a shop asking for a dynamic to record, they act like I'm insane, and I end up not making the purchase.

I'm trying to do some blind A/B tests, but I'm not able to hear what is a condenser and what's dynamic. I've been playing this EQ math game (which is easy for me at level 20) trying to improve my hearing, and I think I have, but I'm still not hearing it. I feel like I can't buy a mic without hearing myself what I'm getting/doing.

So is everything everyone says BS? Do I have crappy ears? Anyone have a good recording showcasing the difference between a condenser and dynamic mic? (ideally vocals but other things also help). Should I find a more advanced EQ trainer?


Mics Simmer EQ Freq

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire