dimanche 28 août 2016

SMPTE generator items only works consistently if glued to audio

My studio clock is set to 48 kHz. If I insert a timecode generator item, it shows the flag hinting that it's being re-sampled from 44.1 kHz.

Nonetheless, I've been able to successfully set up two pcs to sync via LTC. What I found is that the sync is only consistent over multiple start/stop transport passes if I glue the timecode generator item to audio. Else, random sync offsets occur on the slave pc from time to time when starting play back on the master pc (proved via coutless null-tests), especially, if playback is started from different time-line positions. I haven't been able to figure out what triggers the slave pc to sync with the random offset but if I glue the generator item, offset stays at a fixed value forever (which I can easily remedy for good by inserting "JS: time adjestment" into the main output of pc2).

Same phenomenon seems to be true for metronome items: I can only repeatedly null the two metronomes of two synced pcs for every playback start if the metronome items have been glued (and inter-pc audio latency has been compensated).

pc1: Reaper 5.23 x64, Win7 x64
pc2: Reaper 5.23 x86, Win7 x86
audio interconnection: Dante network


SMPTE generator items only works consistently if glued to audio

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire