dimanche 2 octobre 2016

reaper entirely resets midi configuration if interface unplugged

Hi all,
Something that I absolutely hate about Reaper so far after 1 year of usage:

I have a USB Midiman 4x4 interface. If I accidentally load Reaper when the interface is not connected, I get a complete reset of the MIDI input/output routings. When I re-open Reaper with the MIDI interface connected and open any project or template file, the MIDI routing for every channel switches to "Input: MIDI (not connected): All channels"
and the MIDI output switches to "<no output>" Also for some odd reason, and this is probably the root of the problem, the MIDI Hardware settings has changed the name of the Midiman i/o to "2- MIDISPORT 4x4 In A" etc.

This occurs in ALL my template files and ALL Reaper projects!!! I have to completely redo the MIDI routing for every track in every project. It is frustration beyond imagine.

Ok NEVERMIND. It turns out this problem occurs when I plug the MIDI interface into a different USB port than the one it's normally configured for. When I plug the interface into the "normal" USB port all the correct channel configs are set. That is completely stupid. Is there a reason why this behavior would be a good thing? If not, can this be fixed?


reaper entirely resets midi configuration if interface unplugged

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire