samedi 1 octobre 2016

Problems with recording in Reaper

Just a quick list of my devices I'm using:
-Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 interface new generation
-Blue Bluebird condenser mic
-Reaper (obviously)

So recently, my microphone suddenly started working properly in reaper. Whenever I armed the track to record, the microphone would still pick up sound as it is designed to, but then there's this interference that makes the audio worse. I'm also not really sure if it's the same kind of interference that has been talked about on other forums. The best way I can describe it is that it's like the sound of helicopter blades cutting through air at a lesser extent.

When I thought it was the microphone, I took it to guitar center, and when they tested it, it was perfectly fine. So, I told them that my DAW was Reaper, and they told me to change some settings, and if it didn't work, then the problem was with the audio interface's phantom power.

When I got home, I thought to try listening to what the mic is recording through the interface through the direct monitor feature. It was perfectly fine. I also thought to download Audacity as a test for the interface and the mic. There, the sound was also completely fine.

So now, I know the problem is with Reaper. Currently, I'm trying to test turning on and off different settings in Reaper to see if anything will work.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I should do in Reaper to fix this problem? Thanks a lot.


Problems with recording in Reaper

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire