lundi 3 octobre 2016

Buying a MIDI keyboard / controller

I want to get a keyboard to improve my keyboard skills on, and write some music.

As an ex-Maschine user, I was all set on just buying the latest NI keyboard but saw a lot of reviews saying it basically wasn't worth the extra money for the flashing lights, integration with Komplete etc (I don't own Komplete).

So I ended up down the clickhole of reviews and compared pretty much every 49-key controller on the market! And now I don't know what to get. Tempted to just go for a cheapo Oxygen49 as at least it's low commitment! I'm also still really pissed off with M-Audio for their crappy driver support - they failed to keep my Fastrack Ultra updated to work with OSX, total hassle. I was looking at Novation stuff, but I never did like their Automap stuff much and the Incontrol version doesn't sound much better.

Main things I'd like - pitch / mod separate, or at least without a 'spring' in them. Some good faders / pot controllers for synths, that do some kind of 'auto' connection to synths like Diva, so I don't have to muck around MIDI mapping every time I open a VST.

A 'good enough' keyboard (I'm no player, synth / semi-weighted will do fine - but it should at least respond accurately to velocity).

Any tips welcome! Only caveat is I'm in Japan right now so some stuff is not readily available it seems!


Buying a MIDI keyboard / controller

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire