samedi 1 octobre 2016

50€ donation for the one who manipulates Super8 for my needs :-)!

O.K. I think Reaper has the potential to become a mighty mighty Live-Looping Solution.

I'm loosing too much sleep right now trying to achieve what I want, but without 100% Success. So maybe someone out there hears my desperate callings!?

Since a long time I try to create Live Music with Reaper playing various Instruments & using a footswitch.
Finally I got it right, that I can work for myself with the solution, when I make music for a dancing jam, when I play my loops & build a songstructure in realtime, just with my feet.

But now I tasted some blood... & met a DJ friend & while jamming I recognized that the timing of the actions/scripts controlled via midi is bad. It's unreliable & I think I tried everything.

Now I found that SUPER8 does NOT SUFFER from timing-problems when controlling it via midi.

So my idea is:

I want to use ONE Midi Button for the first loop I generate in Reaper. So I play lets say mouthpercussion and
- 1st hit the Button (I managed to build a nice cycle action for that) to set the startpoint of the loop (in my version it's allready recording and sets the start of the time selection). The
- 2nd time I hit the button it sets the Time-selection end
- 3rd time I hit the button it starts the loop from beginning, calculates the Project Tempo, cuts the recording to the time selection and sets it at the Start of a measure...

It is working nicely, but not for looping while someone plays a DJ set. Timing issues (not human caused, of course not every hit on the button is in time, but with a bit of practice there remains an unpredictable latency caused by reaper) make it impossible to jam with a DJ.

So this procedure could be completely done inside Super8, could it?

- I'd like to have the possibility to record mono or stereo.
- No Overdubs necessary
- All controlling has to be inside JS, to have a good timing, so:
- Starting playing the project, setting timeselection, calculating tempo, putting item on measurestart... has to be done (like in Super8) in JS... & until that point with kind of a cycle action. After that I would use other buttons for creating tracks etc, but the first loop should be done with just one butting hit several times...

After the first loop is inside the arrangement anything further can be done via actions. Timing doesn't matter when you have one correct basis loop and just start recording, doubling, jamming, ... whatever on other tracks while the loop is playing.

So many words...

Is there anybody out there who understands what my aim is?

thanks for reading...

Martin


50€ donation for the one who manipulates Super8 for my needs :-)!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire